Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Abandoned! The Melissa Ortiona Story

Yes, it does sound like a bad Lifetime movie story but this is the title of my life that my neighbors gave me recently. So sit back and enjoy the show......
Chris left on Saturday for his 2 day adventure with the cats to Colorado. I was left behind in Monterey, CA to finish cleaning the house, finish all business in Monterey, and tend to Ashlyn and Bailey. Things were going well that weekend. Begging for food was a mere thought since all I had to do was mention BBQ in the neighborhood and we had plently of food to feed me, Ashlyn and, of course, Bailey. So Saturday lead into Sunday again friends were willing to feed me again especially since there was wine involved. Jan and Susan was excited company on Sunday. We looked back over the last 2 years of me at CHOMP (Ok I forgot there were people reading this that wouldn't know want that meant -- Community Hospital of Monterey Pennisula) and remembered the good and the not so good but difinetely a part of my memories of Monterey.
Monday was a dark and drippy day. The day fit the mood since today was the start of my good byes. The first of many were Ashlyn's school teachers they have been a crutical part of her and our life the last year. I don't trust too many people with my child outside my little Spruance Road bubble. I visit many times my friends who were trying to pack there house and pawning stuff off to neighbors and sneaking garbage in trash can as need (since my was already clean for the house inspection). Finally Julie rescued me from my lurching around and gave me free range of her house for food and internet.
The house inspection went great. No charges for any damages or cleaniness. I would hope not since I was suppose to do is a general wipe down. Now how do you stop just wiping things out. Once I start I couldn't just leave it without being 100% clean.
Good byes continued through out the day. Which were hard. Ashlyn wanted to know "why you so sad mommy?" She is a trooper she would wipe the tears away from my face when one would fall.
Now for the plane day. I have been to the Monterey Airport and have called United repeated times to confirm Bailey on my flight. We get there with the help of Ruben and the Huxsoll. Yes, I need two cars. One for me, Ashlyn, Bailey and his crate and the other with all my luggage. We get to the airport and for one my cage is too big for the airplane. We could get a smaller crate, however, he would be abel to lay down completely. The airlane was OK with that; I was not. Then the military orders stated I could have luggage up to 100lbs. So I have 4 bags ranging from 50-90lbs. Way less then the 4 each we would have on the orders. They were only willing to accepted bags weighing less then 70lb. What the heck! So me shaking and tear swelling up my friends were asking questions for me to the airlines. They first solution was for me to rent a car and drive myself to the airport. HELLOOOO have you seen how much stuff I have and who in gods name will return my rental car in SFO? So have a tearful call to the shuttle service they arraged for a private shuttle to pick me up and drive me and all my STUFF to SFO. Two hours later I was on my flight in tow with all family member that I was responsible for. The flight was a bit disappointing. It took them 2 hours into my flight to offer a drink. Yes I need a drink, a stiff one. Plus there were no food left once they got half way through the plane. Thank goodnesss for Ashlyn's snacks!
Now we are hanging out in the hotel. There is a McDonalds right beside us to provide a play area for Ashlyn. I am awaiting confirmation that I can pick up my car which is 40 miles away from me (there is another mini-series story in the making). The biggest thing I am waiting on is the closing date of my house. They are trying to push for Friday. So keep your fingers crossed.
So no I don't feel abandoned. I feel loved from all my friends and family that has supported me through the last few days. THANK YOU!!!!

2 comments:

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Great to find that you have a blog. I think they are fun and I'm going to start having mine printed every year in place of scrapbooking/photo albums.
Anyways, glad you posted yours. Hope today is going smoothly for you. Our blog is www.undatesonus.blogspot.com

Faith's Place said...

Poor Mel....add that story to your "The Sacrafices I Make For My Military Husband" list. You're a trooper!! Glad you are on this side of the U.S. now....hope you can plan a trip down to SC to see us now!

About Me

Chris, Melissa and Ashlyn are currently residing in Herndon, VA. Melissa is working full time as a RN. Ashlyn well she is growing up so fast she is over 45years old and involved in many activities such as swimming, gymnastics, etc.